Ropetown

Is wheel a curse?
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: For Reptilia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:34 am 

Hey guys,

I suppose this is a bit of a weird post, but here goes. First off, I'd send this as a PM rather than a thread, but it seems Reptilia is either someone's alt or doesn't use the same name on this forum. Anyway, the deal is that I used to play WoW and still muck about MMO Champion sometimes, usually checking the comics and the blue tracker.

I've noticed Reptilia's post here:
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/171409/weird-fps-lag-after-30-minutes-of-playing
Now, since I no longer have an account (not that it'd matter if I did considering I'm EU based), I can't reply there, hence a post here:

The GM that responded to you is an idiot I'm afraid, cleaning your fan won't do shit to help your issue. I've bought a 9800GT a while ago and had the exact same problem. It's not you - it's the card. The 9800 GT is a piece of crap that comes with faulty drivers for it's fan. Technical mumbo jumbo aside, the issue is that the fan doesn't work properly and when the card starts working harder (and subsequently starts heating up), generally when gaming, the fan either doesn't speed up or stops completely (can't remember which of the two). It doesn't happen all the time (making it a bitch to check sometimes, I've ran it through benchmarks 3 times and it didn't flinch), but often enough to fry your graphics card and possibly everything around it. And no, it's not a faulty single card thing, I've replaced my card two times for the same model and had the exact same issue. It's the series.

Now, I've had that card a while ago now and at the time, Nvidia was talking about the newest drivers being able to help but they weren't out back then or they didn't work (latter, iirc). Frankly, considering you're risking the safety of your computer (pro tip, components attached to your motherboard going over 100 degrees - not a good idea) to check, just take the damn thing back where you bought it and replace it for a different model. Personally, I went with a Radeon 4770 at the time, about the same, slightly better than the 9800 GT. You could also go for something newer, cash permitting, if you play other stuff, but the 4770 will do just fine for WoW. Either way, get rid of the 9800 GT.

All the best,
Vrach

Post subject: Re: For Reptilia
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:07 am 
i know him!

nice rava's secret name is reptilla

btw the gm is an idiot just pour mercury on it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 am 
Ropetown

Fuck you sargaz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:38 pm 
i know him!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA DNTTTTT????????????????????????????????????????