Ropetown

Is wheel a curse?
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 pm 
Ropetown

Standing infront of a cleaving mob. Hitting a shadowtrap. Not moving at all for defile. Chaining an amazing amount of iceblocks. Getting hit by ice bomb or whatever sindragosa's shit is called. People still have a hard time with even the easiest mechanics all the way till our last lk. Letting kinetic orbs hit the ground. Sure we manage to pull through most the time, but wtf. You add people with attendance issues, people randomly quitting or showing up whenever they want to raid and hay give him some tokens, few months later they quit again. Is it really that hard to come up with a system so that a phreakout cant get all the fucking loot and still only come in when hes needed.

Last edited by cesrae on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:12 pm 
Ropetown

Elenya wrote:
I know that the weapon DPs is the most important part and can account for a DPS upgrade in the hundreds, but the higher stat gain by comparison should probably be taken into account.

The problem with this POV nowadays is that every class/spec has been homogenized and balanced (via talents, glyphs, % knobs Blizz adjusts, etc) towards doing the same DPS with their 'optimal gear', be that two 2H weapons with 10000 STR on it or one pointy stick with 10 STR. For example, 1 point of STR is worth less to a Fury War than to a DK or Ret, because Fury is expected to be wielding two 2Hs w/tons of STR. It's all just things dat go in a slot (thatswhatshesaid) now, and only ilvl really matters.

Yakub wrote:
It's annoying to always be the last person to get the trinket or weapon but that's something I stopped caring about years ago.

This is why having those things on officer loot (or non-DKP things like "Attendance within last 3 months" or something) is cool, they'll go to you and not to some buttnugget with 70% attendance who didn't spend any DKP. A trinket that, say, adds 10% to someones DPS belongs on the person who actually has gear and attends raids in a progression guild, because 10% of someone with no gear, who isn't there all of the time, isn't very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:36 pm 
Ropetown

cesrae wrote:
Is it really that hard to come up with a system so that a phreakout cant get all the fucking loot and still only come in when hes needed. This is what i dont like. But if this is ok with you all the maybe I shouldnt even raid.

Have we even had someone in the guild like phreak since he left?
When did anyone say that it was OK what he did?
with AMS, attendance basically is your DKP, you don't show up you can't get gear. There's nothing to 'hoard' since more is at the discretion of the officers. If you don't trust our officers, no guild does well.
We are on the dawn of the expansion, if ever was a time for stricter rules (% of raids you miss before you get demoted or lose attendance points) and another loot system, this is it imo.

Yes I am going to advocate for this system til the breath is sucked out of my body, but it's only my opinion and I will be happy with whatever you guys decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:38 pm 
Ropetown

cesrae wrote:
This is what i dont like. But if this is ok with you all the maybe I shouldnt even raid.

are you fucking serious?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:39 pm 
Ropetown

I liked how we did LK heroic weapons + halion heroic items on officer decision, however, we can further modify that with what gape said.

Basic loot: zero sum DKP

prevent hoarders: add a 5-10% weekly decay to points. I assume vulture could add this to a mod, or you can script it into the dkp program, but it further penalizes people for holding out for 1 specific item.

offspec items: i dont see a reason why these items should cost any dkp, as yakub pointed out, druids often get tri-spec worth of loot and shouldnt be penalized for being useful to the guild in situations that call for it. Same goes for paladins that may tank, priests that might have to dps on a fight that only reuqires minimal healing, other various situations.

"special" items ala HM lk + heroic halion: Attendance over 3 months is a good way to go about it, however what happens if 2+ people are tied at 100% or some other arbitrary number for attendance, do you go into officer decision at that point? or do you let those 2+ people random for it. Either way is acceptable, if you're trying to make it less work for officers then they should random it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:48 pm 
Ropetown

Re: 10 & 25 Mans, it's hard to imagine what it's going to end up like. Are 10 Mans just going to be for when we're rushing at server firsts? Are we going to cycle a ton of people in and out of them for perfect comps? Can we do that and run two of them, or just one? Do we have the tanks and officers for two "good" groups? Are the mains who don't get locked going to go to alt raids on the weekend and get a ton of free loot? Does anyone care if they do?

I doubt we'll know till we do it, so IMO it's better if you just play it by ear for DKP (or /randoming) as it's happening and then take what we learn for the next tier, and/or steal clever ideas from other guilds, than try to hash things out for 10 Mans now, besides mentally preparing for a complete clusterfuck

This stuff also makes it hard to push for some huge overhaul of our system too, because we already have this to deal with (can you imagine if some server firsts take multiple weeks of 10 mans? holy fuck), and burning out our DKP people is probably a bad idea

tl;dr BLIZZARD IS RETARDED

Last edited by Gape on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:54 pm 
Ropetown

itera wrote:
cesrae wrote:
This is what i dont like. But if this is ok with you all the maybe I shouldnt even raid.

are you fucking serious?

stricter rules plz.

Last edited by cesrae on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:56 pm 
Ropetown

ces ilu but i don't think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:00 pm 
Ropetown

Goober wrote:
offspec items: i dont see a reason why these items should cost any dkp, as yakub pointed out, druids often get tri-spec worth of loot and shouldnt be penalized for being useful to the guild in situations that call for it. Same goes for paladins that may tank, priests that might have to dps on a fight that only reuqires minimal healing, other various situations.

Yeah, in an earlier thread I mentioned 2 DKP might be too high if the cost of other items is lowered overall. But really offspec items could cost .1 DKP and still serve its main purpose (tied people go in on a mainspec item, one person took some offspec loot that cost .000001 DKP, other guy wins, no one complains)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:57 pm 
Ropetown

cesrae wrote:
itera wrote:
cesrae wrote:

are you fucking serious?

stricter rules plz.

turn on your brain, then stop threatening to quit on us 5 times a day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:31 pm 
vulture + lyra = shmoopy

Elenya wrote:
vulture wrote:
An alternate system I found interesting is shibou's loot system (from exodus).
- Need the actual explanation of this.
P.S. Vulture or Itera can you please make me vDKP / iDKP? <3

give me some specs for what you want for dkp thing and I'll do w/e. or itera can do it if he wants. either way we'd just need the specs.

been a long time since I remember talking to shibou about it, but basically (iirc), exodus's dkp decays over time. I think they set a time period like 2 months. the idea would be that 2 months after you gained dkp for someone else buying an item, it becomes worth zero again (both in gained dkp and spent dkp). Thus:
1. Any dkp you blew(spent) 2 months ago on whatever is in a sense forgiven -- you keep the item and 2 months later the cost to you was 0 dkp -- this encourages buying loot early and you can still have just as much dkp as anyone else 2 months later when you get to the hard parts of a dungeon
2. Any dkp you gained 2 months ago and whored is forgotten about -- if you didnt spend it, you lose it. This discourages lootwhoring where you are completely worthless for an entire raid zone while you wait for the 19th boss's heroic mode loot to drop and just raid in full ulduar gear in the mean-time.

I don't recall the exact specifics (if the dkp of an item is worth 100% for the entire 2 months duration or however long you want... or if it slowly decays from 100% to 0% over those 2 months). But basically it's something like that, encouraging spending points in the now so that everyone actually has better gear early on, but still allows you to save dkp if you really want to lootwhore for that heroic trinket (at least for a short period of time).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 pm 
Ropetown

Normalize the Weapons cost. (Relics are on vendors)

eg. hunter: 2 1h or 1 2h + ranged = 50
dk 2 1h or 1 2h = 50
fury war 2 1h or 2 2h = 50
mage staff or 1h + offhand = 50

We may want to do a suicide list on the ranged slot for anything other than hunters because half the classes don't even pay dkp for it.

Offspec cost could be lower. Even out chest/legs/helm compared to gloves/shoulder. Maybe bump up neck/ring/cloak to bracer level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:37 pm 
Ropetown

so do you think having items be different costs for different class would help? Seems it may, but it'd be a pain...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:42 pm 
Ropetown

loot council, made life so easy for pug runs. I know guild raids are more serious, but i still believe it could work. I dont see any officers in a position who would take bribes from people to sway there vote... other then Mindrot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:43 pm 
Ropetown

itera wrote:
i'm not a huge fan of docking DKP for screw-ups unless you're talking about major ones. otherwise it becomes so subjective that people are going to bitch at officers all the time and their job sucks enough as it is. and for things like people not moving out of a bad defile...dock the whole raid?...have fun Elenya!...oh wait, some people were dead before that...and Bothi swears he wasn't in it...now you have to check that...oh and the wait list people...one less officer two months into expansion.

edit: Yakub and I touch on the same point. Doing DKP SUCKS ASSHOLE. Seriously, it does, and I like having Elenya around.

thats what i just said on vent to happy, negative point systems are so subjective, you also want to keep dkp systems easy enough to maintain by the person doing them that they dont hate there life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next