Ropetown

Is wheel a curse?
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Putting my name in the hat...
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:24 pm 

I realize you guys are on hold when it comes to recruiting, but I'd like to put my name in as someone to keep in mind once the time comes to start bringing in new players. I'm currently a 54 Undead Rogue (I know there's a thousand of us, but I didn't know that when I signed up to play the game) on Burning Legion and I'm looking for a larger more focused guild than I'm in now. Currently it's just a small guild of friends who all live near each other. It's a lot of fun whenever people are online, but that's few and far between. Besides one other person, I'm the only one over 50.

I'm a 26 yr old insurance agent. I currently have my own agency in Houston, TX and have become one of the largest brokers in the region for United Healthcare. Because I have been so fortunate, I have a lot of free time to do the things I enjoy. Being single and making the money I do, I have alot of freedom that I feel blessed to have. Right now my free time is going to WoW. If my company shows anything, I'm a stickler for details and hard work. I enjoy setting lofty goals for myself, and finding the best method to reach it. With my agency practically running itself, I've focused some of my attention and set some new goals in WoW. I'm looking for the best of the best, and I've been told this was the place to look.

I'd like to get into a guild that's as focused as I am in both aspects of PVE and PVP. I'd like to find a group who's looking to defeat all upper level content. A group who will continue to push the envelope once new PVE content is released. To find a group set on becoming a dominant force in the PVP environment, and eventually battlegrounds when it arrives. I associate myself with the best and brightest in the insurance industry, and I plan to do the same in WoW. That is why I'm here.

So, if in the future Ropetown begins to search for new members, perhaps replacing the old or expanding upon their current lineup, then I'd like to ask to keep me in mind. In the meantime I'll make the final push to 60 and continuing developing my playstyle. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and good luck to you all in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:38 pm 

can i have free insurance???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:26 pm 

kudos wrote:
can i have free insurance???

Sure, but you get what you pay for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:29 pm 

Thanks for the post, Theach. Very well written and that is always looked upon well, at least in my book! :)

P.S. I'm just a member, nothin' special, so don't read into this. :>

Post subject: ditto
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:38 pm 

Lyra wrote:
Thanks for the post, Theach. Very well written and that is always looked upon well, at least in my book! :)

I second this. Very well written and thought out. Hopefully something will open up in the future.

Velespio

Post subject: Re: ditto
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:32 pm 

Velespio wrote:
Lyra wrote:

I second this. Very well written and thought out. Hopefully something will open up in the future.

Velespio

Thanks guys. I don't expect any special treatment or exceptions, I'm more than willing to work my way into whatever position I earn. I just wanted to make my presence known, and to let you all know that I was interested. Until then, I hope I get the opportunity in the near future to get into some pick-up groups with you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:09 pm 

Dang, I'd give him a vote of yes just based on that application. Very well written.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:09 pm 
Ropetown

Good thing you have absolutely no clout, Marken!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:56 pm 

Yea, my names not teek or durn. Oh well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:28 pm 
Ropetown

Where is this hat you speak of??!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:25 am 
Ropetown

[Clever Hat] ftw.

I think it would look hilarious on Primal.

Post subject: hehe
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:58 pm 

I think primal just likes to post so he can spam his new video. As nice as it is, I miss the one where you have to read the guys lips. was entertaining to watch it.

Post subject: Re: hehe
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:38 pm 
Ropetown

Tribus wrote:
I think primal just likes to post so he can spam his new video. As nice as it is, I miss the one where you have to read the guys lips. was entertaining to watch it.

silence!!.. looks like those bastards realize i was hogging up their bandwith :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:24 am 

I'm not sure if any of you guys are still in my level range, but I hit 57 tonight and the leveling process is getting much slower. Most of my quests are elites in Strat, Scholo, DM, BRD, etc. Finding pickup groups is a nightmare. Last night a 54 warrior told me he was a "one of kind warrior" and never uses defensive stance in instances. He's an "offensive powerhouse". He couldn't hold aggro from our mage to save his life. Needless to say it's incredibly frustrating.

So if any of you guys are still making your way to 60 and find yourself running the above instances, think of me. I'd kill to run them with people who know how to play the game after 55 levels. Send me a tell, yell my name in Org, whatever.

Until then...

Post subject: Aye!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:07 pm 

I don't think there is a non-protection spec warrior on the server that can hold aggro off a mage if the mage putting out the dps like it's his/her day job.

If I want aggro, I get it....and I LOVE aggro :oP